Lambeth Children’s Homes Redress Scheme

Nov 01 2018

Lambeth Children’s Homes Redress Scheme

Were you a child living in Shirley Oaks or another Lambeth Children's Home and/or attending Shirley Oaks Primary School anytime between the 1930s and 1990s? Did you suffer abuse or have a fear of abuse at the hands of a member of staff? If so, you are likely to be entitled to compensation through Lambeth Council's Children's Homes Redress Scheme. You can apply until 1st January 2020.

There are two types of payment - the Harms Way Payment and the Individual Redress Payment. image

You can find full details about the scheme on the Council’s website here. and a guide here.

You can also call 020 7926 6980 or write to the Lambeth Redress Scheme, PO Box 747, Winchester, SO23 5DP

You can ask a friend, relative and/or support group to help you complete and submit an application form or you could ask for help from a solicitor. The Council will meet your reasonable legal costs - these would not be deducted from any compensation award.