RM-LJ-28MAR17: Personal Assistant Wanted for Disabled Man in SW2
Closing date: 31 May, 2017
I’m looking for a live out care assistant to help a 26 yr old male. I have duchenne muscular dystrophy so I am a full time wheelchair user.
I’m looking for a fun, energetic, bubbly, friendly care assistant, who is patient, calm and engaging with me. I am looking for someone who is more than just being a carer for me, I want a person who i can get on with and someone I can make a friendship with.
I love football, Man Utd, and my favourite music is mainly urban music. I like going to the cinema and socialising with friends and family over a drink and having fun.
Care experience is an advantage, but not essential as training can be given by me and my family.
You must be permitted to work in the UK and have a valid national insurance number.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Undertaking personal care tasks that I need help with like toileting, bathing, physio, etc.
• As well as the care, domestic duties will need to be undertaken, like cleaning, changing bedding and ironing clothes, etc.
• Accompanying me to appointments, trips out or events, etc.
• Have a current clear DBS (we can arrange this if you do not have a DBS)
• Be punctual, reliable and be flexible with your working hours when required
• Fluent in English
• Be discreet and caring.
Pay will be up to £9 p/h dependent on experience and the hours will be around 30 hours per week.
To apply, please download the application below and return to the Direct Payments Team. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Lauren on 020 7501 8960.