If you want support to think about the sport and physical activity you would like to take part in and to turn this into a reality our Into Sport Worker can provide you with a one-to-one service which could include:
• Sourcing information about sports and physical activity (SPA) opportunities, both inclusive and disability- specific
• Working with you to discuss any current/previous SPA you are/have been involved in as well as assisting you to develop your own Sport and Physical Activity support plan to reflect your interests and abilities.
• Encouraging and supporting you to engage in regular SPA and to identify personal targets and outcomes.
• Assisting you in identifying appropriate opportunities, accompanying you on initial visits to facilities/activities, liaising with providers to track your progress, advocating for you when appropriate, where access or services are inadequate for your needs
• Supporting you to raise additional funds to enable you to take up SPA opportunities and continue your involvement with them on a long term basis.
• Provide you with the correct tools and techniques for you to assess your own progress against your personal outcomes whilst reviewing and updating your support plan